Greasy hair: How to get rid of your fat!
Morbid or just a cosmetic problem? Greasy hair is annoying and difficult to get rid of: the right advice from the experts continues to help
Greasy hair looks neglected and is a blemish. This makes our hair healthy, supple and prevents it from drying out or even breaking off.
If the glands produce too much sebum, greasy hair is the result. In the worst case, the sebum suffocates the hair root, which can lead to accelerated hair loss or dandruff.
Causes include hereditary predisposition, unhealthy diet, taking medication or improper care. Even seasonal fluctuations, climatic changes, hormonal changes or prolonged periods of stress can affect the production of fat.
Oily hair should be washed more frequently
In serious cases, a dermatologist can help. I
They bring the fat balance of the scalp back into balance.
Even medical tar shampoos can regulate the fat content.
A common misconception: frequent washing stimulates the formation of new fat. Oily hair should be washed more frequently, daily if necessary. With each hair wash, the sebaceous glands are almost “squeezed out” and lose a little more fat each time the shampoo is massaged into the scalp.
Conclusion: Who cares for greasy hair properly, quickly gets his fat away.
- Use shampoos from using creamy shampoos …
- The scalp with healing debris from the pharmacy or drugstore of excess fat. Clay is very ideal for absorbing and binding hair fats
- Lay the hair was on the morning.
- Do not wear them too hard by too hot and frequent blow-drying, tight-fitting braids or tight-fitting headwear
- Use only lukewarm water. Hot water stimulates sebum production
- Do not use a brush, it distributes the fat in the hair from the hair root to the hair end. Combing is enough
- Do without a conditioner. For greasy hair: less is more!
- Excess sebum on the scalp is the main cause of oily hair.
- Puberty can cause oily hair: in adolescence sebaceous glands may become overactive.
- Some drugs that affect hormones can cause oily hair.
- Poor diet eating fatty foods can contribute to oily hair.
- The chemical hair treatments.
- Genetics If your father or mother oily hair you are more likely to have as well.
- Touch and play with your hair frequently
- Excessive styling
Oily hair? You Should Try These 5 Tips
Every day hair washing annoys! But what really helps against greasy hair?
You hardly believe it: actually, greasy hair is a luxury problem. The scalp produces what the hair urgently needs – nourishing skin fat – but just too much of it.
The Result: The hairstyle looks very stringy, the approach has little standing. The good thing: Oily hair is a problem that can get under control.
Here are their tips and tricks, which really helps against greasy hair.
When The Scalp Is Working Overtime
What we call “oily hair” is actually a scalp problem. The fat they produce is basically good and important because it makes hair supple and shiny and protects the scalp from external influences. But too much fat makes the hair look stringy.
In addition, there is often a second problem. Hair expert told us that greasy hair is more sensitive to external influences and at the same time greasy at the base and may be dull and dull in length. The hair fullness then decreases and the hairstyle collapses.
The causes of this nasty double are manifold. Over expressing sebaceous glands are often hereditary or hormonal (e.g. due to puberty or pregnancy). But even stress or incorrect care gets them going: A hair cure that has not been properly washed out can, for example, leads to a greasy scalp.
We’ll Tell You With Which Tips You Can Get A Grip On Oily Hair Again.
Tip 1: Wash Greasy Hair With Lukewarm Water
Oily hair needs cleansing that is thorough but gentle on the scalp. Among other things, it depends on the right technology. The water should only be lukewarm, by no means hot – that would stimulate the sebaceous glands.
In addition, the shampoo should be distributed into the lugs and the scalp gently massaged with it. The sebaceous glands are expressed and the scalp subsequently smoldering more slowly.
Tip 2: Take Special Shampoos Against Greasy Hair
Special shampoos for greasy hair dissolve the excess fat with surfactants. They cleanse without irritating the scalp. They also contain active ingredients (eg vitamin B6 or extracts of herbs such as rosemary or chamomile) that regulate the production of sebaceous glands and soothe the scalp.
Important: Give the rinse only in the hair lengths, otherwise the problem is aggravated.
Tip 3: Treat Your Hair To A Healing Earth Cure
Similar to special shampoos, healing clay can also help to get oily hairs under control. You can simply mix the healing clay with a little water to create a smooth paste.
Once a week, the healing earth pulp should be massaged into the scalp and rinsed out after ten minutes of exposure.
Tip 4: Take Time For A Short Scalp Massage
Both frequent hair combs and massages of the scalp stimulate the sebaceous glands and initially provide faster greasy hair.
But: Who takes twice a day for about 5 minutes for a scalp massage with circular movements, which can also improve the problem “oily hair”.
With regular massage, it comes to a regulation of the sebaceous glands and a quick improvement – in the long run, the scalp so less fat.
Tip 5: Avoid Too Much Heat
Of course, even with greasy hair you do not want to have to do without styling all the time. Nevertheless, you should try to avoid too hot fen air and regular straightening or curling your hair.
Heat is counterproductive for greasy hair; too high temperatures stimulate the production of sebaceous glands.
So if you want to get your greasy hair under control, plan to wash your hair a few minutes more and blow dry your hair at the lowest level. Even better: wash it the night before and let it dry in the air before going to bed.
SOS Tip Against Greasy Hair: Dry Shampoo For More Freshness
Dry shampoos are ideal for refreshing hair quickly. The absorbent powder absorbs sebum and impurities, but does not stimulate the scalp for re-greasing.
Simply spray some dry shampoo on the neck and lightly massage it into the hair with your fingers. For very greasy hair, you can also give it upside down in the lower parts of the fact.
By the way: You have blond hair, which makes a greasy look darker than it really is? Then choose a dry shampoo especially for blond hair. It additionally lightens the hair, making it even fresher.
You wash your hair every day? That could favor your fast-greasy hair. Because not only your hair tips unfortunately with frequent washing and styling.
Many hair experts also assume that over-frequent hair washing increases the overproduction of the sebaceous glands.
Conversely, this would mean leaving the hair one more day in the somewhat “greasy state” and only washing it every two days in the future.
This will “transform” the sebaceous glands in the long term and adapt sebum production to the new washing cycle.
The difficult “transition phase” you can bridge with dry shampoo or as straw and updos: Bad hair day? This updo looks great and goes lightning fast
Never again Bad Hair Days
Many know the problem: The hair greases quickly at the base, while the tips are rather brittle and dry. What can be the cause of greasy hair and what treatment the hair looks longer airy-light and freshly washed, we clarify below?
Oily hair: cause of fast greasy hair
Not always the disposition is to blame – because if the approaches quickly greasy, stringy, oily and flat look, very different factors can play a role. Because hormone fluctuations are one of the main causes of fast-greasy hair, teenagers and pregnant women are often affected.
In addition, an unhealthy lifestyle such as stress, lack of sleep or a diet rich in sugar and fat leaves its mark and stimulates sebum production – on the face (then recognizable by luster, impurities and pimples) as well as on the scalp.
Last but not least, the wrong hair care, such as excessive brushing, hot blow-drying or frequent hair washing, can be the cause of fast-greasy hair, because all of this boosts the production of sebaceous glands on.
In addition, should be dispensed with “sticky” styling products. Its texture covers the hair and scalp with an air-impermeable film, clogs the pores and promotes fast greasing of the hair as well.
Here are the best tips for greasy hair at a glance:
- Wash hair less frequently
- Use dry shampoo only now and then
- Alumina (eg in masks) absorbs fat
- Citric acid and peppermint regulate and soothe the scalp
- Avoid hot water and hot air
- Use clear texture shampoo, also special deep cleansing products
- Never give conditioners or hair masks to the lugs
- Brush your hair less and / or avoid the neckline
- Pay attention to a healthy lifestyle
Wash Oily Hair Properly: The Best Tips
The most important advice may come as a surprise and in
The frequent contact with shampoo textures and hot water dries out the scalp noticeably, attacks its acid mantle and, in logical consequence, increases the production of sebum and fat.
However, those who can only wash their hair about every three days, allow the skin on the head a break and time to regenerate.
Greasy approach: immediate help with dry shampoo?
Another mistake is to use more dry shampoos. Its fine mist takes the luster immediately and makes the hair look fresher. At the same time it dries out the scalp, so that it not only tends to increase sebum, but also to the greasy dandruff. But: proper spraying must be learned!
The right shampoo for greasy hair
Basically, shampoos should not be creamy but have a clear, gel-like texture; Optimal when washing deep-cleansing special shampoos or a shampoo with micellar water.
By the way: “Hair masks, treatments or rinses are never incorporated directly on the neck, instead apply the extra care about two fingers away from the scalp and distribute it in the lengths and tips, because it helps them the most”, advises Nikolaos Perdikis, hair expert and salon owner at Paul Mitchell’s tip: refresh the scalp regularly with Tea Tree Lemon Sage Series products!
Oily hair what to do? What really helps with greasy hair
There are numerous shampoos and hair wraps specifically designed to reduce the excessive production of sebaceous glands, to absorb fat while moisturizing lengths and tips. For example, the ingredients citric acid and the essential oils of peppermint or rosemary are especially refreshing and harmonizing.
Antiseptic additives such as zinc, tea tree oil or salicylic acid can noticeably reduce scalp irritation and prevent rapid re-greasing. Clay-based treatments, on the other hand, absorb the excess fat and effectively matt the finish without drying out the scalp or hair.
Oily hair: home remedies tips for hair care
Those who suffer from a greasy approach can also fight home remedies for oily hair. They help in absolute emergencies as well as tail on the way. These are the top four hair care home remedies for oily hair:
1. Baby powder: baby powder works like dry shampoo. It absorbs the excess sebum and ensures lightning-fast freshness and volume. As well as dry shampoo you should use it only in an emergency, otherwise the sebum production can be stimulated again and could worsen greasy hair.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Fatty hair can also be combated with the classic kitchen apple cider vinegar. Mix 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 8 tablespoons of water and place in the hair and on the scalp after the shampoo. Massage in for about 5 minutes, then rinse.
3. Baking Soda: Similar to baby powder, baking soda also works against oily hair and absorbs excess fat. Simply spread on the neck and then comb out. Already the sebum is gone!
4. Aloe Vera: The gel from the aloe vera plant has a soothing and anti-inflammatory effect and can thus also help with problems with the scalp. The best way to dissolve the marrow of the plant and give as a cure to the approach. Let it work for about 15 minutes, then rinse. Cools also wonderful itchy scalp!
Oily Hair: Hairstyle Tips
And the perfect hairstyles for greasy hair? Everything that is combed back tight, like a
The advantage: The braided hairstyles in unwashed hair anyway much better,
Treatment Of Oily Hair
Wash Your Hair Regularly
Do not wash your hair every day. Wash twice a week. Choose a shampoo designed for oily hair it should be soft and have a formula that cleans without producing sebum.
Choose a shampoo with amino acids and natural cleaning products vinegar, lemon juice.
Use A Conditioner
fOR Greasy Hair
Choose a product designed for oily hair and containing less oil.
It is lightweight and oil free apply it only on the tips of the hair and not the roots and scalp.
It will wrap the hair with a thin layer smooth down the rough cells and fills the uneven surface
Perform A Deep Care
This will replenish lost moisture and keep your hair soft and shiny.
Useful Tips for Treating Oily Hair Effectively
- Do not use two in one.
- If your hair is oily does not brush too often as you may spread the greasy scalp to extremities
. Rinseyour hair with apple cider vinegar it will remove all residues.
- Never use products too fat to style your hair.
- Avoid eating fatty foods.
- Always use hair products for oily hair.
- Those that have oily hair, which
liveor work in dirty and smoky environments will perhaps need to do a daily shampoo.
- Do not overuse styling products apply only on the tips.
- Try not to touch your hair too often.
- Do not hesitate to change shampoo even after the first use if you are not satisfied with the result.
- Do not wash your hair with very hot water too.
- If your hair is not as fat roots with dry ends, apply a nourishing mask only at the ends.
- Apply all over the hair leave on for about 15 minutes.